The UMKC School of Dentistry offers an Admission Enhancement Program (UMKC AEP). The mission of the UMKC AEP is to develop culturally diverse candidates and candidates from underserved areas who are applying to the UMKC School of Dentistry within the next two years. This innovative 10-week summer program is generously funded by the Missouri state legislature’s “Caring for Missourians” initiative. The initiative is intended to develop competitive health professions applicants who have the potential to care for residents of Missouri. The AEP curriculum includes:
- A 1 ½ week ON-SITE component of the UMKC AEP is designed to engage students in academic, professional development, and enrichment activities that include targeted skills training, experience in the dental school labs and clinics, one-on-one mentoring for the dental school application essay, interviews, financial aid and other admissions-related topics, and interaction with a broad spectrum of dental professionals from dental research, dental public health, and academic dentistry.
- An 8-week ON-LINE component incorporating UMKC’s excellence in distance education with a comprehensive review of foundational knowledge in quantitative reasoning, chemistry, organic chemistry, biology, and preparation for the DAT. The on-line curriculum is directed by the same faculty who conduct the national Web CE™ DAT Preparatory Course, and is complemented by daily interaction with UMKC Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leaders.
2017 Admissions Enhancement Program
Online Coursework: May 22nd – July 26th
Onsite weeks: June 4th – 9th and July 24th – 26th
Accepted students in the AEP must commit to the following:
- Making self-available for at least 30 hours per week during the online course components, including during live online sessions three scheduled times per week.
- Taking the DAT in August, 2017 at student's own expense
- Providing own travel to and from Kansas City for the on campus sessions
Learn more about our program!
Download an info flyer
For additional information, contact:
650 E. 25th Street – Room 420
Kansas City, MO 64108